Tuesdays 2-4 PM
Listen at georgetownradio.com
Requests
AIM: wgtbrequests Phone: 202.687.WGTB (9482)

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cage the Elephant


Until this morning, I had never heard of this band. But my local radio station's summer concert features this band from Bowling Green, KY, so I thought I'd check them out. Despite what they look like in the picture above, these guys rock. Their sound is like a mixture of The White Stripes and Kings of Leon. Garage rock with a southern, relaxed twang. They also clearly take a lot of their sound from the Arctic Monkeys. It amazes me how Matt Shultz is able to transform his voice in each song to create a different sound. Each track reminds me of another alternative band I like. Besides BFD in California, they'll be playing All Points West in late summer, but that's all that has been announced so far. All in all though, these guys are incredible, definitely check them out.

No comments: