Tuesdays 2-4 PM
Listen at georgetownradio.com
Requests
AIM: wgtbrequests Phone: 202.687.WGTB (9482)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flaming Lips



Having "lived" in DC for about two years now, I really haven't had a chance to hang out on the National Mall all that much. Come to think of it, the only times I have actually been to the Mall were to see Ken Burns speak, the We Are One concert, and the Inauguration. Usually the Mall is just a large, untended, weedy, rocky lawn that's filled with hobos, protesters, and Hari Krishnas. So, the fact that the Flaming Lips performed on the Mall this Sunday and I had to miss it was infuriating. If only I didn't have schoolwork. Well, I guess I got the next best thing: the awesome DC blog BrightestYoungThings put up some video and a ton of pictures of the Green Apple Festival for you to check out.
P.S. Check out Wayne Coyne's double-necked guitar.

No comments: